Important message – Easter weekend
We would like to take the opportunity before the long weekend hits to stress how important it is to stay at home in our bubbles. We will be able to move out of the Level 4 lockdown faster if we can keep the case numbers low. It will be tempting to travel to see friends and family over the weekend however this Easter will be different for many, try picking up the phone to speak with family and friends or using Skype or Zoom to have a virtual catch up.
Here are some more key points from 9 April below:
* The Police are currently patrolling the roads into the Grey District and stopping vehicles to check where they are heading. If their travel is not essential or they are trying to visit the Coast for the long weekend they will be turned around and sent back home. Remember you cannot travel to your batch or holiday home.
* Supermarkets will be closed on Good Friday (10 April) please plan your essential shopping around this. Check out this link to see local supermarket hours for the other days.
* If you are feeling unwell over the weekend please contact your GP this relates to people who are concerned about possible Covid-19 symptoms or general health concerns.
* The Covid-19 Household Goods and Services assistance number – 03 900 9329 is still operating over the long weekend, this line is available for people with urgent household goods and service’s needs. If someone has an urgent need for food or essential supplies, then they can call 03 900 9329. The number is operational 7 days a week between 7.00am to 7.00pm.
* There are 29 new cases of COVID-19 in NZ – 23 new confirmed and six new probable. 317 people have recovered in total. The total number of cases is 1,239. 14 people are in hospital with COVID-19.
Stay safe, be kind, stay home and save lives